This practical course is aimed at those who are required to undertake COSHH risk assessments. It covers legislative requirements and guidance for COSHH risk assessment, control and monitoring programmes.
Practical hands-on risk assessments will be completed.
To give staff nominated to undertake COSHH risk assessments an understanding of the techniques that can be used.
Who should attend?
Those with roles in instigating, co-ordinating or undertaking safety-related risk assessment programmes
- A rationale for effective COSHH risk assessments
- Legal requirements
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Techniques for undertaking risk assessments – the difference between hazard and risk
- Understanding risk assessment techniques for evaluation of exposure to chemicals
- Understanding risk assessment techniques for evaluation of exposure to micro-organisms
- Understanding chemical exposure limits
- The role of line managers in an organisational risk management structure designed to implement risk assessment and risk control
- Organising task-based assessment programmes
- Dealing with issues not explicitly covered in legislation
- Record-keeping requirements and implications
- Risk control tracking
- Risk assessment as one part of overall safety management system